9 European partners including research centres, industrial and technological companies, and universities are uniting their efforts. This partners are located in 5 countries and the project coordinator is the University of Florence.
The project started on March 3rd, 2021, and will last 36 months. It has a total budget of almost 2 million euros.
Reduce unit costs
or rechargeable batteries
Leonardo, a new micro vehicle based on the smart fusion of the concepts of mono wheel and scooter.
Leonardo will be silent, clean, energy efficient, safe, light as well as attractive and affordable to the public area and public transport so that the barriers for adopting it are minimized. A new drivetrain with improved energy efficiency will be incorporated, as well as new solutions on system integration such as modular battery pack.
The aim is to obtain a vehicle with the following characteristics:
● Being easy to drive, comfortable and safe even on rough roads.
● Being light and compact, which can be brought everywhere without the need for parking in the road or in sidewalk, to be transported on public and private vehicles, in order to fully exploit the intermodality.
● Being smart and integrable in smart cities environment.
● Being easily and quickly recharged at home or office.
● Being used in sharing systems applications, e.g. interoperable with the battery sharing (BS) system, already developed by the University of Florence, in order to fully exploit the capabilities of this vehicle. In the latter case, the vehicle will have two batteries, the removable one (shared) and the smaller non-removable one (on-board).
● Modular, to adapt the engine power and other aspects to different countries regulations.
● Have an adjustable range of use, based on the user’s needs, by choosing a battery of suitable capacity and weight. The range can furthermore be extended with the battery sharing service.
● Have a low initial cost and being easy to service, to extend its life cycle and to have low maintenance costs.
A vehicle with several advantages over existing microvehicles
Green and sustainable mobility
The spread of micro mobility
PROJECT KEY FIGURES
Almost 2 million budget